Westyorkshire Fire and Rescue Service in e-cigarette alert

Wharfedale Observer: An e-cigarette An e-cigarette

The potential fire hazards of electronic cigarettes have been flagged-up by West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.

According to the fire service, there are two main causes of electronic cigarette fire – using incorrect chargers and over-tightening of connections to the rechargeable battery.

There have been a number of fires nationally caused by e-cigarettes – including in Batley, between Bradford and Dewsbury, where one exploded after being charged in a laptop, as per the instructions, and carpet was burned and scorch marks left on the settee and wall.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree