The weekend’s women’s football league programme was again disrupted, mainly due to the Cup games taking precedence.

All matches were preceded by both teams taking part in an immaculately-observed one-minute’s silence, to remember those who’d lost their life in battle.

In League action, West Riding County League Second Division leaders Athletico went ahead at Horsforth but conceded an equaliser soon after. However they put in a solid performance and fought hard for a win. Player-of-the-match Sadyha Akhtar put in a very strong performance, took her chances and scored a couple of worldies in her tally of five in the 6–1 win.

An injury-ravaged Queensbury travelled to Dewsbury, but it was a scrappy performance in their 7–0 loss to Rangers Athletic. Molly Prosser was player-of-the-match for the second week running.

County Third leaders Skipton Town Development came out on top against third-place Pontefract Sports & Social. An hat-trick from Elly Field added to her impressive season total, and a goal from Katherine ‘KJ’ Sharp completed the 4–1 win.

Tyersal had a good first half hour at home to second-place Lower Hopton Development, defending well and getting in good attacking positions without reward. But, tiring in the last 15’ of the half led to silly mistakes and Hopton taking advantage for a 5–0 lead at the break.

An improved second half saw good play from defender ‘Bex’ Ogden and a goal from Sophie Woodrup, but it was a 7–1 loss on the day.

Bradford United played well and put in a good defensive performance at Harrogate Railway Reserves, but were 3–0 down at the break. Further goals followed, as Rail Reserves’ long balls beat Bradford’s defensive line. Towards the end of the game, Zahraa Khan scored two within five minutes, but Bradford ended up losing 8–2.

County First leaders Ilkley Town were at a very cold, muddy and wet Golcar.

After a lucky break, Ilkley were fortuitous to be ahead on 10 minutes. Golcar had numerous shots on target, before Ilkley scored two more around the half-hour mark. The second half was goal-less as Ilkley resisted Golcar’s attempts to get back.

The 3–0 win featured goals from Eva Curran (2) and player-of-the-match Millie Washington. Ilkley’s manager Claire Armstrong commented: “it’s always difficult visiting a new ground and playing an established team. Golcar caused us some problems but we managed to score three good first-half goals and overall I’m pleased with the players.”

Meanwhile, Ilkley’s Development side were at home in County Fourth, as they entertained a very good Brighouse Town Juniors side.

The first half was an even contest but the match slipped away in the second half, resulting in a 4–0 loss, Casey Hadwin scoring all four for the ‘Orange Army’, however manager Steve Orchard was pleased with the resilience, hard work and commitment.

Several WRCWFL Cup, Second Round games, postponed from last Sunday, were played.

Thackley had a good start at home to Halifax Friendly, as Lois Cooper slotted home, followed by a Chelsea Morton free-kick from just inside half-way. A great piece of skill from Luzia Negru gave Cooper another to give a strong 3–0 lead at half time.

The second half saw four more, a great strike by Meg Woollias, a Carly Doyle penalty, and Morton and Abbie Thompson helping Cooper to two more. County Fourth side Halifax Friendly challenged all the way through to the end, but it was a 7–0 rout.

Bradford City's u21s are also through, after beating Farsley Junior Reserves 6–1, including one from player-of-the-match Jessie Clement.

Silsden put in an excellent performance against Brighouse Sports, with good play from Chloë Hodge, and Kayla Williams, making her début after joining from the Bantams’ first-team squad. The Dragons kept the ball really well and scored some fantastic goals, featuring a 35-yard pile-driver from Chloë Latham to open the scoring, a well-taken hat-trick from Lucy Ogden, and a goal from Gabby Whitham, in the 5–0 victory.

Field entertained Ackworth knowing that it would be a challenging game, in boggy conditions against their higher-division opponents.

The game was very even in play, with both midfields controlling possession and creating chances for their respective teams. Field were pleased after a goal-less first half in which they proved to be strong opposition for their opponents from two divisions above.

The game continued to be evenly-matched in the second half. Ackworth got a shot in, which Emily McKinley did well to get to, but the rebound just crept over the line, the only goal of the game seeing Field knocked out.

Burley Trojans had no clear-cut chances in the first half at Knaresborough Town, and were 2–0 down at half-time, following two unstoppable goals.

However, in the second half, a well-taken corner saw the ball whipped into the front post where Troggs’ striker Nic Frankland got a touch to slip the ball past Knaresborough’s ’keeper to get the visitors back in the frame. Then a direct free kick, awarded for hand-ball, was struck reasonably hard by Becky Clark, bouncing just in front of goal, lower than expected, under the advancing Town keeper, and into the net to get Burley’s second of the game and the equaliser, making it all-square at 2–2 at the end of normal time. There was a close penalty shoot-out, but it was a 3–2 loss for Burley.

Bradford (Park Avenue) were away to league rivals Leeds Medics & Dentists, with the scores tied at 3–3 at full time. There was another close shoot-out, a 5–4 loss on penalties for Avenue.

Winners go through to the Round-of-16, to be played on December 3rd. The League Shield competition that includes all teams knocked out of both the first and second rounds will have its preliminary round on the same date, with six teams involved: Avenue vs. Pontefract Sports & Social; Bradford United vs. Horsforth; and Field vs. Farsley Junior Reserves.

The FA Cup, First Round Proper featured three local teams.

Leeds Modernians, who play in the County Premier alongside Avenue, were up against Tier 5 side Darwen.

After going 1–0 down, ’Tilda Beckley scored twice to put Mods in front, but Darwen took the tie with a 4–2 result.

Leeds United faced West Didsbury & Chorlton, who play in the North West Women’s Regional League.

After 10', Katie Astle, who was playing in Leeds’ Reserves only last season, converted from close range. A penalty saw the hosts level at the break, then take the lead in the second half, after Louise Ainscow picked the ball up on the edge of the box and volleyed into the back of the net. However, an own goal brought the teams level and United dominated the rest of the game to win 6–2 and through to the next round on November 26 at Darwen's Anchor Ground.

Halifax FC were away to Chris Hames’ Hull City Ladies.

Hull scored first with a 30-yarder into the top corner, before Halifax’ equaliser, a Georgia Stevens tap-in on the half-hour mark. But it was the Tigresses who took the win with two more goals and a 3–1 win.

Huddersfield Town’s Kate Mallin scored an equaliser but it was Burnley who went through 2–1.

Finally, in the FA National League Reserve Division, Bradford City’s u23s drew 3–3 away to Leeds United, Halifax FC beat Hull 5–2, and Huddersfield Town Development beat Chorley 7–3.