ELLIOT Morgan scored within 90 seconds of the start and ended up with a hat-trick of tries as Otley subdued Kirkby Lonsdale.

Having collected the kick-off, Otley moved forward through Tom Cummins and Callum Irvine, a deft pass giving Morgan an easy run in.

Two minutes later, Ben Magee set off getting the ball to Irvine who passed to Eddie Crossland who went onto score, Joe Rowntree converting both.

The Cumbrians mounted a couple of attacks, their speed catching the home side offside. The pressure was eventually relieved when Ben Magee ran from his half diagonally across the pitch and he nearly reached the opposition line before being tackled.

Support was soon at hand, Finn Dewar and Irvine moving the ball to the left giving space to Gavin Stead to score in the left corner.

Otley got the bonus straight afterwards, Lonsdale’s restart going out on the full.

From the subsequent scrum, Joe Rowntree got the ball to Magee who in turn set up Dewar to score.

Kirkby Lonsdale were not put off by having four tries scored against them, and showed a lot of composure working the ball in their half looking for an opening.

They eventually found it, and got the ball beyond Otley’s 22 on the left hand side before moving it to the right and Ryan Allwood went over in the corner at the start of the second quarter.

Otley’s next try came after three penalties, the first putting them into the opposition’s red zone on the left hand side.

A second penalty at the breakdown maintained the pressure, and Otley went for a scrum after a high tackle. From that scrum Magee went right then left, Stead coming into score to the left of the upright, Rowntree adding the conversion.

On the half hour, Magee’s run broke through the visitor’s defence to set up Morgan to dot down in the left hand corner. Otley continued the offensive and, just before the half ended, Ben Waddington’s converted try started from Lonsdale’s 10m line to make the score 43-5.

Waddington doubled his tally eight minutes into the second half, the ball going down to far side touchline before coming into the middle.

Lonsdale mounted a couple of attacks against the Otley line, but ended when Dewar took a poor pass to bring closure.

Otley came back at the visitors, Irvine’s penalty going into the scoreboard corner. From the back of the rolling maul, Rowntree passed the ball to Morgan coming in at an angle to score.

In the final quarter Otley scored three more tries, Irvine setting up Tom Cummins.

From the restart, Otley worked to the right hand side before Magee takes over from their 10m line to score.

The twelfth Otley try came before the end of the game, the visitors having conceded a number of penalties, and Dewar touched down to secure another convincing win, (74-5).

Otley have a weekend off this Saturday, and return to action next weekend (November 13).

They travel to Rossendale in the league and in doing so, they'll be hoping to maintain their 100% winning record, so far winning all eight league fixtures.

As for Rossendale, they've won half of their fixtures, losing the other four and they are currently positioned in tenth in the league standings.

However, they are coming off the back of a victory, thrashing Northwich 64-7 on Saturday (30) away from home.      REPORT BY: NICK DOYLE