GUISELEY have been handed an eye-catching FA Cup first round draw with Wimbledon following their heroics against Brackley Town on Tuesday evening.

The Lions will now travel to the South to take on their League One opposition in early November, with the date still yet to be decided.

It was Lewis Hey and Man-of-the-Match Lebrun Mbeka who helped Guiseley to overcome Brackley in the fourth qualifying round replay on Tuesday, to see them to a 2-1 victory.

Nethermoor was alive and kicking from minute one, and it was the hosts who made the brightest start.

They looked to have taken an early fourth minute lead when they had the ball in the net, but the goal was chalked off by an offside flag.

But their pressure did pay off seven minutes later when Regan Hutchinson got to the byeline, but when his cross was blocked by a Brackley defender, Jamie Spencer squeezed the ball into the six yard box.

The ball rebounded down off the bar and Hey was quickest to react and slam the loose ball home for the opener with eleven minutes gone.

Brackley were then given a golden opportunity to square matters when they were awarded a penalty, following a foul by Hamza Bencheriff.

But Matt Lowe blasted his woeful effort wide of the post.

Both sides showed more intensity on the restart, and the visitors were rewarded for their endeavours eight minutes in, when Lee Ndlovu finished off a good move down the left channel and netted from ten yards out.

Guiseley struck the all important six minutes from time. The Lions were awarded a free kick thirty yards out, which Hey delivered to perfection, and Mbeka powered a header in to the top corner to leave the keeper with no chance. The Nethermoor faithful were sent into raptures.

And reflecting on the events and his side's First Round draw, Guiseley joint boss, Russ O'Neill, said: "I think over the two legs against Brackley, you're coming up against an experienced and seasoned side and in all honesty I think when that away draw against them came out, a lot of people would have bet against us.

"The first game away from home was a good one and we warranted a replay, but last night's display was outstanding.

"I thought the lads showed unbelievable character, a massive intensity and we thoroughly deserved to go through.

"Right from minute one, we came out of the blocks and I don't think Brackley could deal with our pressure."

O'Neill added: "It's going to be an exciting day for us going down to Wimbledon, not just for us but the fans as well.

"It's probably the highlight of any non-league club's season waiting for that first round draw, of course if you're in it that is.

"Because they are a League One opposition, it's almost going to be a free hit for us, but we will relish it when it comes in November."

Guiseley do return to league action on Saturday as they host Chorley and O'Neill says his side can't be distracted by the FA Cup run.

He said: "I've seen it happen to many teams in the past, when you're on a good run in the FA Cup, your attention can be taken away from the league quite easily.

"So we must refocus and not get carried away ahead of this weekend, because Chorley will be a tough test and I'm expecting a game full of intensity."

In other news, Adam Haw has joined Mickleover on loan as he looks to boost his experience of senior football.

Haw will spend time with the Derbyshire based side until 15th November and hopes to feature regularly for the Pitching In Premier Division side.

The 19 year-old forward had his breakthrough campaign during the cut short 2020/21 season and scored his first senior goal in just his second appearance to earn a point at Kettering Town and then he struck the second in a 2-0 Buildbase FA Trophy win over Chorley a month later.

Mickleover are sat in 18th place in the table and have recently installed a 3G pitch at their Don Amott Arena.

During Haw’s time with Mickleover they are set to play Atherton Collieries, Stalybridge Celtic, Grantham Town and Radcliffe.