BRADFORD (Park Avenue) have made it through the FA Cup First Round Qualifying by the skin of their teeth, beating Emley 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw at Horsfall.

Seb Bolton, who had had some first-team experience this season, opened the scoring after just two minutes for Avenue's youngsters, sending his effort into an empty net after the Emley keeper went walkabout.

Liam Hall made a good save from a free-kick to keep Avenue in front, but he was beaten by another free-kick just before the break.

Avenue hit the front again early in the second half, scoring an emphatic penalty courtesy of Myles La Baptiste.

Leo Santos was denied by a superb save when through, which prevented Avenue from taking a two-goal lead.

And that proved costly for the hosts, as some great work down the right flank from Emley saw them net an equaliser.

Emley put Avenue under the cosh late on. They should have gone in front from a corner, Hall made a stunning save, and they headed another good chance over the bar.

Defender Brady Coldwell was sent off late on for the home side too, but they hung on to take the game to a shootout.

Avenue scored all of their penalties, courtesy of Takunda Katsere, Ben Fearnley-Heath, Javon Kilbourne and Bolton, with Emley missing their first and last ones to go out.

Avenue's reward in the second round qualifying is a mouthwatering home tie against York City, who got through with a comfortable 3-0 win over Farsley Celtic.

Guiseley made a great run to the second round last year, stunning Bolton Wanderers along the way, and they started their FA Youth Cup campaign this year with a comfortable 4-0 home win over Tadcaster Albion.

Josh Stones fired the Lions in front after just 30 seconds, before his effort hit the post and the ball luckily rebounded in off teammate Harrison Leigh's face to make it two after 33 minutes.

A fine through ball to Jakub Hebda saw him make it three just before the break, with Stones bagging his second late on to round off the scoring.

Guiseley will be at Grimsby Borough in the next round, after they won 2-0 at Silsden.