GUISELEY had a mixed Bank Holiday weekend, picking up their first three points of the season after overcoming Gloucester City before losing up at Gateshead.

Let's focus on the positives first, over 500 spectators witnessed a classy second half performance which led to a 2-1 victory.

The Lions got off to the worst start possible when Jordan Young slotted past Jordan Amissah with only two minutes gone.

Determined to get back on level terms, Guiseley had two attempts cleared off the line in the opening period.

Firstly, Jacob Gratton came close before great play from Kaine Felix found Lewis Hey who was denied his first goal. The midfielder's header failed to reach the back of the net.

Marcus Bignot and Russ O'Neill's men finally got their just rewards post the hour mark when Lebrun Mbeka smashed the ball in after being found unmarked on the edge of the area.

The Nethermoor faithful did not have to wait long for a second as Regan Hutchinson's cross was sliced in by City's Tom Harrison.

Two days later, Guiseley made the trip up to the North East to challenge a Gateshead side who collected four points from their two opening fixtures.

The visitors started poorly once again. Macaulay Langstaff bagged the opener in only the eighth minute. 

Langstaff was in blistering form, completely his double four minutes later. The forward curled his finish from the corner of the area.

In a half which the Heed dominated, Langstaff was yards away from completing his hat trick when he narrowly failed to connect with Owen John Edward Bailey's low ball.

It was much of the same after the break and Gateshead should have had three. Firstly, Cedwyn Scott put in a dangerous cross which Brad Nicholson cleared from under his own cross bar then Matty Jacob hit a powerful effort from 25 yards out which Amissah did well to save.

Substitute Bailey Thompson halved the deficit with 10 minutes left. The tall striker netted from Nicholson's cross.

Keeper Amissah almost stole the headlines with a late header, but it fell just wide.