ILKLEY Town beat Horsforth St Margaret's 4-1 in the Wharfedale FA Cup semi-final to set up a final against Pool later this month.

Playing on the 3G at Leeds Trinity University, Town's first chance came from some fine work down the right between Toby Harris and Matt Whitehead, the goalkeeper pushing Harris' effort away.

Dave Hancock reacted quickest at the back post and fired into the net, only to see the linesman's flag waved and the goal disallowed.

After some fine play down the right, Matt Whitehead took the ball around the onrushing keeper, but his shot was blocked on the line before the ball made its way to the edge of the penalty area, where Tom Fleming produced a stunning lob just hit the post and the ball was cleared.

After some nice play down the left by Hancock and Tom Fleming, they found Harris on the edge of the penalty area. Harris rolled his marker and fired the ball into the six-yard box to set up Tom Smith, but his effort whistled past the post.

With ten minutes remaining, Horsforth grabbed the opening goal. Town got caught in possession and left themselves short defensively. The Horsforth midfielder played a quick forward pass and the centre forward showed pace and composure to find the bottom corner, giving Horsforth a 1-0 lead.

Minutes later, it was almost two as a long ball was flicked on, caused confusion and only a fine save from Tim Edney denied the Horsforth centre forward a second goal.

The second half was only a couple of minutes old when the ball found its way to Whitehead on the left. Whitehead dribbled past the first player and was bundled to the floor as he attempted to beat the second, and a penalty kick was awarded.

Smith stepped up and slotted the ball into the bottom corner to make it 1-1.

Town upped the tempo and chances by Hancock, Smith and Fleming were all denied by the Horsforth defence.

With 25 minutes remaining, Town took a 2-1 lead when man of the match Harry Brown found himself on the edge of the penalty area. He beat one player then wrong-footed the defender and his low shot beat the dive of the Horsforth keeper.

As Horsforth began to tire, Smith had two chances, the first was a flick towards the top corner which went agonisingly past the post and his second was a powerful that was denied by a fine save from the keeper. Whitehead also had a shot whizz past the post.

With 15 minutes remaining, Brown gave Town the vital third goal. It was almost a copy of his first as the ball found its way to him on the edge of the penalty area and he manufactured the space to strike a low shot that found the bottom corner.

Brown completed his hat-trick with five minutes remaining, putting the gloss on his impressive performance.

Joe Hendrie was fouled just on the edge on the penalty area, and Brown delivered a free-kick towards the bottom corner but he slightest of deflections from the Horsforth wall wrong-footed the goalkeeper and the ball found the net, ensuring Town's place in the final on Sunday, April 28, at Guiseley AFC.

Town manager Simon Armstrong said: "We're absolutely delighted to make the final for the first time in three years. There were some really strong performances but Harry Brown was standout, not only for his hat-trick but his ability to control the game for us."