A SECOND half header by Scott Smith secured a point for Guiseley in a 1-1 away draw against fourth placed Telford United.

Guiseley almost had all three points, as three minutes from full time Rowan Liburd's shot from range went close but a late deflection saw it clip off the outside of the post.

Before the match began, Telford United paid tribute with a minutes applause in memory of the legendary Gordon Banks, who managed at Telford between 1979 and 1980.

The match kicked off and neither was able to create any meaningful chances until the 11th minute when Telford striker Daniel Udoh's shot from 18 yards out found the bottom corner of the net, leaving Guiseley keeper Marcus Dewhurst with no chance.

In the 17th minute, George Cantrill took a corner for Guiseley. Whenit failed to beat the first man, Telford's counter attack end when the referee whistled Udoh for off-side.

Telford continue to pressure Guiseley but to test Dewhurst until the 32nd minute when Ellis Deeney headed straight at the keeper.

Guiseley then created a chance in the 39th minute, but they were unfortunate when Andy Halls' shot from 30 yards flashed past the post and the two teams went into half-time with Telford 1-0 up.

Just five minutes into the second half, Guiseley equalised when midfielder Scott Smith headed in Niall Heaton's long throw-in. Five minutes later, Guiseley created another good chance when Liburd's shot was saved by the Telford keeper Josef Bursik.

Guiseley continued to attack and Bursik had to get down to save Kayode Odejayi's shot. Odejayi was at it again in the 59th minute when he had a one-on-one with the Telford keeper.

Bursik saved Odejayi's shot and the ball bounced just wide of the post.

In the 72nd minute, centre back Josh Langley went down with an injury and Will Thornton came on as a substitute.

Dewhurst then made a great save to stop a Telford's free-kick. On the counter, Liburd had another shot on goal but his effort was well saved by Bursik.

After another substitution saw Kingsley James come on for Smith, the Lions almost won the game with their final chance, but when Liburd's strike clipped off the post in the 87th minute, Guiseley had to share the spoils.