FIELD Reserves are closing in on the Alliance Division One title in the West Yorkshire League.

The leaders were held to a 2-2 draw by visitors Leeds City in midweek, but bounced back with a 5-3 home win over Horbury Town.

Liam Charles netted both goals against fourth-placed City and went one better against Horbury Town, Lewis Forsythe completing the tally with a brace.

That left Field two points ahead of Shelley with a game in hand, but the main dangers could well be Beeston St Anthony's, who are four points adrift having played one game less than Field.

Hartshead have climbed two places to ninth on the back of 4-1 home victories against Robin Hood Athletic and Kippax, with Jamie Wasley (2), Nathan Foster and Liam Gowen on target against Athletic.

Ilkley Town, who are fourth in the Premier Division, suffered a West Riding County FA Challenge Cup hangover.

They led Alwoodley 2-0 in their semi-final at county HQ, only to lose 4-3, and then went down 7-1 at home to Sherburn White Rose, failing to cope with route-one football.

However, Town did field a weakened side against White Rose – the legacy of injuries suffered at Woodlesford.

Matt Whitehead (2) and Tim Edney netted at Fleet Lane, with Lee Spires getting the consolation against Sherburn.

White Rose soon went 2-0 ahead, and it was 3-0 after 40 minutes, 6-0 around the hour and 7-0 after 67 minutes.

Even the goal that Town scored was a fortuitous penalty for an apparent push, with Spires scoring off a post.

Ilkley manager Simon Armstrong admitted: "What you saw was a hangover from the Alwoodley match.

"We had a bad 17 minutes in the cup and a bad 90 minutes here, for which we have been heavily punished."

Seventh-placed Field drew 1-1 at fifth-placed Horbury Town, courtesy of Nathan Woodward, but Hartshead lost 6-1 at Hunslet Club and 3-2 at bottom club Pool.

Richard Bull, Tom Fleming and Nick Hewitt were Pool's marksmen, who might not now finish bottom.

Rawdon Old Boys are the new leaders of Division One after wins over Brighouse Old Boys (2-0) and Wetherby Athletic (3-1).

Sam Hinchliffe and Tom McMillan netted at home to Brighouse, while McMillan, Ben Whitfield and substitute Henry Myers were on target at Wetherby.

Matt Conway, Joe Entwhistle and substitute Karl Fawcett were the marksmen for Wyke Wanderers, who beat visitors Altofts 3-1.

In Division Two, Otley Town went top after a 3-2 win at Old Centralians, despite having Peter Long sent off for two yellow cards.

Town's reserve team had mixed fortunes in Alliance Division Two.

They lost 4-1 to Kirk Deighton Rangers, with Charlie Cartwright scoring and Adam Campbell being sent off, but the latter bounced back with a hat-trick in the 13-1 demolition of visitors Wyke Wanderers.

Cartwright also bagged a treble, with Joe Clulow and substitute Mikhal Lambert-Tuthill getting braces and Nick Akhondi, Mark Chester and substitute Daniel Petty singles.