STEVE Vickers took control of the Field team, with manager Marlon Adams being named as the new boss of Toolstation Northern Counties East League strugglers Harrogate Railway Athletic, and the West Yorkshire League Premier Division club survived a fightback by Salts in their Bradford & District FA Saturday Challenge Cup tie.

Steve Bargh-inspired Field led 3-0 at half-time, but only won 3-2 to reach the quarter-finals, and Vickers said: "We played very well in the first half and Salts never gave up, but we did enough to secure a place in the next round".

Wyke Wanderers progressed to the semi-finals of the Heavy Woollen & District FA's Wheatley Cup following their 4-1 win at Drighlington.

Drighlington, who were the bigger and stronger team, took an early lead before Wanderers got into their stride, with Joe Entwhistle equalising.

Matt Conway put Wanderers ahead, following his return from injury, and Wyke, who were playing all the football, increased their lead via young Ryan Clay before Karl Fawcett sealed the tie to round off a good all-round performance.

Wanderers will now play Littletown in the semi-finals.

In the West Yorkshire League, Baildon Trinity Athletic suffered a 7-2 home defeat in Division Two.

Baildon got off to a great start when Ben Craven converted an early chance, and could have made it 2-0 when he found himself one-on-one with the Saints goalkeeper, who made a good save.

This seemed to spur on Swillington, who scored twice, with Baildon goalkeeper Dave Naylor making some good saves to keep his side in the game.

The second half started off scrappily but Trinity equalised when Craven pounced following a free-kick.

Lee Mathers was giving a fine solo performance for Baildon but couldn’t hit the target, and around the hour Swillington grabbed two quick goals as Baildon seemed to give up.

Saints took full advantage to run out easy winners by scoring three more against Baildon, who are second from bottom.

In Alliance Division Two, Wyke Wanderers Reserves, who missed two penalties, suffered a 4-3 defeat at home to Howden Clough Reserves.

With players being called into the first team, Wyke were right to anticipate a tough game.

Howden went ahead following a mistake before Wyke missed their first spot-kick, and Clough then scored two more goals to take control.

Wyke hit back with a goal from Sam Ash – his first of the season - in the second half before Wanderers failed with their second penalty, shooting high and wide.

Howden broke away to make it 4-1 but Wanderers never gave in, with Ash completing his brace and, with five minutes to go, James Acton calmly netting after a fine through ball.

Wyke secretary Dave Ryan said: "We laid siege to the Howden goal but just couldn’t get a deserved equaliser."