FOLLOWING two disappointing showings at home to Shelley and Aberford, Otley Town refound their early season form with an excellent performance at Oxenhope.

Oxenhope use their small narrow pitch to their advantage, and consequently have an impressive home record so Otley knew they would be up against it particularly given the late withdrawals from the squad.

It was debutant keeper Joe Greenwood who would come to the fore in the opening minutes saving well and clearing off the line as the home team made the first incisions. That was to be pretty much it for the home team as Otley took a grip of proceedings to dominate possession for the rest of the half. The first chance on fifteen minutes fell to Harry Hawkins whose ferocious shot skimmed the bar.

Next up was Andy Howland who’s shot from point blank range was somehow blocked by the home keeper. This after top approach play by Rick Parry and Bobby Neesam. Hawkins then with a great run and shot brought out a terrific save from the overworked Oxenhope goalie. Ten minutes before the break Otley tightened the screw further as Oxenhope had their centre back sin binned for speaking out of turn.

During this period Otley would spurn two more half chances - the first when Neesam fractionally delayed his shot and the keeper saved and the second a header from Greig Hudson at the far post header which flew just over.

Oxenhope must have thought it was their day having made it to halftime without conceding. This was all to change within twenty minutes of the start of the second half by which time Otley were 4-1 up.

It began with a Hudson penalty after Tristan Holdsworth was upended. Hawkins had a chance to open his account but his shot was too straight. However this was soon forgotten as within a minute Howland running on to Harry Leigh’s pass hooked the ball home to double Otley's lead.

Oxenhope, on a rare foray into Otley territory surprisingly pulled one back when the unfortunate Richard Marshall sent a bullet header past his own keeper in trying to clear a cross.

But this setback did not deter Otley with Holdsworth getting on the scoresheet nodding home from Parry’s cross and Parry himself the next to fire home following great build up play from Hawkins and Holdsworth. Skipper Parry added Otley’s fifth and his own second a few moments later as his doggedness saw him ride two strong tackles to finally roll the ball home.

Neesam got the goal he deserved when running on to a fine header from Howland and young substitute Oliver Clarkson wrapped things up with a cheeky lob past the now demoralised home keeper.

This was a very welcome return to form for Otley and very much a team performance. Worth mentioning - the debut of Joe Greenwood, the ever maturing performances of Ben Driffield and the come back game from Joe Flaherty. However for his two goals and two assists MOM went to Rick Parry.

Town face East End Park at The Old Showground on Saturday 25th September, kick off is 2.30pm. Report by : Ben Featherstone