GUISELEY have confirmed that academy graduate defender Ollie Brown has signed a dual registration deal with Frickley Athletic.

The 18 year-old defender signed first team forms earlier this month and has now linked up with the Pitching In East division side to boost his experience of mens football.

Brown made his first start in Frickley’s league trip to Lincoln United last night.

The youngster will be available for selection by Frickley but can still play for The Lions should Marcus Bignot and Russ O’Neill select the academy captain.

The news comes after Guiseley claimed their first point of the season away at Curzon Ashton at the weekend.

The Lions retained the starting line-up from last Saturday’s home defeat to AFC Fylde and although they had the majority of the possession in the first half, the lack of a cutting edge up front meant that balls forward were all too often picked up by the opposition, or went astray, leaving Kaine Felix and Jordan Thewlis struggling to make any impact on the game.

Curzon only created two chances in the half, both of them falling to Alex Curran. The first one he snatched at with only Jordan Amissah to beat and put his shot the wrong side of the post just after the half hour. His second one however, proved decisive as he converted from close in to give the Nash the lead on 38 minutes.

The Lions should have been level on the cusp of half-time after Prince Ekpolo found Felix with a judicious ball behind the Curzon defence but home goalkeeper Christopher Renshaw maintained his sides slender advantage as he parried the strikers effort.

Andy Kellett replaced Thewlis on the restart as the visitors sought to add some guile to the midfield and his impact was almost immediate as his lob created panic in the home six yard box and from the resulting melee it was Felix who got the decisive touch to force the ball over the line and notch his first goal of the season in the process.

However, the Lions suffered a setback on the hour when, having gone to ground twice, Kellet was forced to leave the pitch and was replaced by Jake Day.

Brad Nicholson had fired a free kick over the bar from takes from 20 yards out and Cantrill cleared Witham’s header off the line following a Curzon corner as both sides sought a winner.

Day proved his worth as the visitors finally found an outlet up front with Felix and Jacob Gratton beginning to find space. The introduction of Lewis Hey for Gratton on 85 minutes also added to the Lions attacking potency but they couldn’t force the breakthrough and it was left to Matthew Waters to provide the final threat as he beat a posse of Lions defenders only to fire over from the edge of the box.

So a deserved but hard earned share of the points for the Lions but with five strikers on the books, Guiseley need to find that cutting edge that their play, particularly in the first period, deserved otherwise it’s going to be a long hard season.

They host Gloucester City on Saturday in their next league fixture.