THREE dogs have died in a house fire in Guiseley.

Two people and were treated for smoke inhalation after the incident on Mall Lane, Guiseley at 7.42pm on Sunday.

The fire broke out in the kitchen and firefighters from Cookridge and Rawdon attended.

A West Yorkshire Fire Service spokeswoman said: "The fire was out on arrival of fire crews but two occupants were treated on the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation, but did not attend hospital. "Three dogs perished in the property and a further two were treated with oxygen by firefighters and taken to a vets for further treatment."