THIS aerial view of Pool Paper Mill and the surrounding countryside was taken in 1948. It was donated to Aireborough Historical Society by Andrew Emsley. The paper mill was owned by B S & W Whiteley. The Pool-in-Wharfedale mill was set up in 1886 by the three sons of William Whiteley, who had a paper mill at Barkisland in 1866, before moving to Horsforth and then to Skyreholme, near Appletreewick in 1875.