COUNTLESS children passed through the doors of South View School in Yeadon during its long history at the heart of the community.

A glimpse into some of their lives can be found in an extensive collection of photographs in the online archive of Aireborough Historical Society.

The impressive school was built in 1884 and demolished in 2005. People may recognise themselves or family members in The photographs on this page dating from 1904 to the mid 1950s.

Schoolgirls and their teacher were photographed in 1904, with youngsters peering through the windows in the background.

The 1932 photograph, middle right, has the names of everyone except the teacher on the left. Back row, left to right: Fred Waugh, Roland Arundale, Jim Birkett, Fred Young, Norman Booth, Clifford Hawkridge, Jack Preston, Joss Smith and Headmaster H V Wilkinson. Middle row: Ronnie Ives, Bernard Preston, Clifford Small, Harry Mills, Frank Richardson, Charlie Nunns and George Jaques. Front row: Harold Priestly, Arthur Thore, Harry Mitchell.

The picture on the top right shows the school football team in 1934/5. The picture on the bottom right was taken 20 years later and shows another South View football team.