WITH more than a century of history behind it Yeadon Park Bowling Club has been enjoyed by generations of players.

These photographs show the club in its infancy - with the earliest image dating back to the year the park was officially opened.

The green space was a gift to the people from local mill owner and public benefactor Jonathan Peate.

The philanthropist gifted the land in August 1903 - and vast crowds turned out for the official opening ceremony on July 13, 1907.

A shield donated by Mr Peate can be seen in a photograph of the bowling team taken in 1910.

In an undated picture men can be seen playing bowls while a handful of bystanders watch.

The players were T Marshall, Noah Houlden, and George Herbert Teale, crouching. The identity of the man in the flat cap is unknown. Mr Peate’s home, Nunroyd House, can be seen in the background of the photograph.

The bowling team appears with the trophy again in the bottom right image.

|The picture on the bottom left was taken in 1908 and appears to show players and their families enjoying a celebration. The top left picture was taken in 1907. All the photographs are from the online archive of Aireborough Historical Society.