THIS fabulous picture of teachers at Aireborough Grammar School was taken in 1915.

It was donated to the archives of Aireborough Historical Society by Tony Watkinson.

Aireborough Grammar School was founded in 1910 and closed in 1991. It was originally called Yeadon and Guiseley Secondary School until its name was changed in 1937.

In 1946 the foundation stone was laid on one of the first buildings to be started in Ilkley’s new housing estate.

Mrs F. Hampshire, Chairman of the Ilkley Housing Committee, was accompanied at the ceremony by members of Ilkley Council.

Unfortunately there are no details of exactly where the ceremony was taking place.