Ilkley Dynamo 5 Keighley Athletic 0

After winning the Wharfedale Triangle League Premier Division title for the first time since 1981, Dynamo achieved the double by defeating Keighley Athletic to win the League Cup, also last won by Dynamo in 1981.

The spirit that the team had showed all season continued as they turned on the style in another impressive performance at Thackley AFC. After an early goal had been cancelled out because of an in-fringement, Dynamo began to apply more pressure.

They outfought Keighley in some tough exchanges early on and Luke Hudson bagged his 20th goal of the season to put Dynamo ahead.More settled after that, Dynamo worked their possession well, with Danny Bryan full of running in midfield and the hard-working Ollie Blair helping them play some com-posed football.

The slender lead remained until the interval, so whichever side scored next would be crucial to the final outcome.

Dynamo tore Keighley apart from the start of the second half and, prompted by some classy touches from Craig Bentham, they unleashed waves of surging attacks. The prolific Danny Henderson is too accomplished a player to be given any room and, after a fine run forward, he hit a low, right-foot shot inside the far post to make it 2-0.

The battling Chris Holmes caused constant problems for the Keighley defence.Athletic were ruthlessly exposed again when both Liam Hudson and Henderson added goals after round-ing off some free-flowing breaks to make it 4-0.

Despite continually trying to kick-start their game, Keighley never really looked liked recovering from this double blow. The Dynamo defence held firm, with Tom Higman and the resolute Sam Jacomb making some crucial tackles and, with keeper Shane Etherington commanding his area well, they continued to maintain their advantage.

Jacomb crowned another excellent performance by scoring the fifth goal.Dynamo, in front of many of their supporters, had played like champions in a memorable per-formance to complete a superb season by winning both the league title and League Cup. The trophy was presented to captain Bentham by Wharfedale Triangle League chairman Gerrard Kellegher.