Old Otliensians 23 Ossett 3 (Match abandoned 58mins)

Otliensians were heading for another win in their bid to become champions when the match was abandoned.

Opponents Ossett walked off saying they feared for their safety after a spectator allegedly entered the field of play to break up a brawl.

The Northern Comp-etitions Committee have ordered the fixture to be replayed this Saturday so Otliensians will be hoping they can get the result they need to stay ahead of Stocksbridge in the title race.

After a fairly even first 30 minutes, the hosts took the lead with a penalty and then went on to score three well-worked tries to give them a comfortable 23- 3 lead after 47 minutes.

Using the elements, the visitors took play into the home team's half and dominated possession for long periods.

In the scrums the home front row of Greg Jones, Jim Dyson and Ross Nichols found it hard going and scrum half Rob Lofthouse had untidy ball to deal with.

Things went better in the line-outs with locks Steve Wade and Jack Smith along with flanker Sam Feather-stone competing well for a share of the ball.

Pressure paid off for the visitors when they took the lead with a 14th minute penalty but Ben Hatton lev-elled soon after.

A second penalty from Ben Hatton gave the hosts a 6-3 lead after 30 minutes and then centre Luke Cow-dell spotted a gap on the blindside to race up the touchline, beating two defenders to score a fine try out wide.

Shortly before half-time an Ossett player received a yellow card for a late tackle, having been on the end of an earlier warning.

With the elements in their favour in the second half, the hosts were soon on the attack and from broken play, winger Declan Jackson received a slick pass to put him away to jink past several defenders and score half way out. Ben Hatton converted to make it 23-3.

Ossett defended well, but a short pass taken by lively prop Jones on the burst produced a powerful run to slice through the defence for an excellent try.

It was to prove to be the last score of the game as the match was abandoned minutes later.