Westyorkshire Fire and Rescue Service in e-cigarette alert

An e-cigarette

An e-cigarette

First published in Local news

The potential fire hazards of electronic cigarettes have been flagged-up by West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.

According to the fire service, there are two main causes of electronic cigarette fire – using incorrect chargers and over-tightening of connections to the rechargeable battery.

There have been a number of fires nationally caused by e-cigarettes – including in Batley, between Bradford and Dewsbury, where one exploded after being charged in a laptop, as per the instructions, and carpet was burned and scorch marks left on the settee and wall.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree