Newsquest (Bradford) Ltd
Founded in 1834, Newsquest Bradford has grown into a dynamic media business publishing a family of fifteen different newspapers and hosting the region's most visited websites.
For our latest media information visit our online media pack
Over 1,000,000 readers every week!
Newsquest Media Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of US-based Gannett Co. Inc., is the largest regional publisher in England and Wales. With a diverse portfolio including more than 300 newspapers,
numerous magazines, supplements and special publications, twenty-seven internet sites, contract print facilities, a leaflet and sample distribution service, along with a national sales division,
Newsquest offers access to a comprehensive range of media services.
Newsquest's objective is to have market-leading newspapers which reflect the views of the communities they serve. Our newspapers are the authoritative source of information that readers can trust;
they are willing to listen but not afraid to question.
Newsquest is market-led and technology-driven and with all its products, both print and electronic, the company's aim is to always provide optimum service to customers.
Founded in 1834, Newsquest Bradford has grown into a dynamic media business publishing a family of fifteen different newspapers and hosting the region's most visited websites. We give readers and
advertisers alike an unrivalled service in Bradford and district.
Regional and Local Press
There is an increased appreciation of local differences among the UK population and a growing level of interest in local news and events. 48% of people consider that the most important things that
happen are in the town or city where they live.
People are spending increased amounts of time out and about in their region, and are becoming more attached to local culture in reaction to the standardising effect of globalisation. People of all
ages believe that regional and local media have an important role in underpinning the regional character.
Organisations and businesses need to be alert to people's sensitivities about local difference when they are seeking to operate and communicate at a local and regional level.
Source; MYUK; The Future Foundation 2003.
The Benefits of Advertising
The effectiveness of regional press advertising in driving sales comes down to the simple fact that people tend to do most of their spending close to where they live. And, when making purchasing
decisions, they refer to local source.
Since businesses are able to target advertising so effectively using local newspapers, readers know that this is where to go for information that they can act on. This brings the regional press
closer to the point of sale than any other media, and as people often turn to their local newspaper when they are in the market to buy, the regional press is very effective at converting awareness of
a product into a sale.
- Local Press is the conversion medium.
- Local newspapers have a specific, unique and powerful position in converting consumers along the buying process towards purchase.
- Research shows that local press readers who are ‘in the market' to make a purchase, actively seek information in the local press and are at the same time more alert to advertising
- Advertising in local press delivers high levels of awareness and awareness growth. The medium effectively delivers the message to its mass audience.
- Importantly, as well as message delivery, local press ads can be shown to have the desired effect on consumers, significantly increasing brand health measures such as familiarity and
consideration, which ultimately drive consumers to purchase.
- The most successful individual ads employ structures which exploit the local press reader relationship and share a number of elements in common, including; Necessary purchase, directional and
product information. Clear headlines and propositions. Colour. Product images. Regularity of appearance. Source; The Conversion Study, TNS
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND OUR FULL ONLINE MEDIA PACK CLICK HERE